LTE Design Engineer
Redline Communications (www.rdlcom.com) is the creator of powerful wide-area wireless networks for the most challenging locations and mission-critical applications. Redline networks are used by Oil & Gas companies to manage onshore and offshore assets, by militaries for secure battlefield communications, by municipalities to remotely monitor infrastructure, and by telecom service providers to deliver premium services. Hundreds of businesses worldwide rely on Redline to engineer, plan and deliver secure and reliable networks for their M2M, voice, data and video communications needs—in locations that include the deserts of the Middle East, the rainforests of South America, and the frozen Alaskan slopes.
With over 100 employees worldwide, Redline provides a complete range of powerful, versatile and reliable outdoor wireless broadband systems for specialized point-to-point and point-to-multipoint applications including backhaul, video surveillance, fixed wireless access, industrial IoT, and deployable and supplemental networks. Redline also provides a full suite of Advanced Services, including cell planning, deployment engineer, resident engineer, program management and wireless network performance audit services.
This role is a member of the Advanced Services Team, who work closely with the Product Management, Product Validation, and Engineering groups. The successful applicant’s chief responsibility will be the design, validation, staging, and commissioning of Redline’s iLTE™ solution and associated technologies. The successful applicant will take on a key role in the staging and deployment of Redline’s systems and solutions before and during deployment to the field.
- Subject-matter expert in RF, site, and equipment design of indoor and outdoor LTE systems using macro, micro or pico eNodeBs.
- Interface with the Planning, and Engineering teams for impact analysis and defining RAN & connectivity required work packages and approach for specific activities.
- Evaluation and implementation of special coverage solutions such as small cells, repeaters or active/passive DAS systems.
- Produce/review evaluation, detailed design and as-built reports.
- Attend site surveys to scope proposed equipment locations, cable routes, antenna placement, etc.
- Conduct RF walk testing for site evaluations and post integration testing to ensure optimal site performance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience using indoor RF planning tools such as iBWave
- Hands-on experience using outdoor RF planning and GIS tools such as Atoll, Mentum, or CelPlan
- Familiarity with routing/switching concepts, and related protocols
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Linux operating system and the use of shell scripts
- 8+ years’ experience in the design, implementation, and operation of cellular mobile networks
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with VoLTE and other Over the Top applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is willing and able to travel globally approximately 25% of the time
- Is located in or around the Greater Toronto Area
- Will be a self-starter, able to work well alone or in a team with light supervision
- Should be a quick learner, able to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- Should have a strong attention to detail, with a preference for doing things right
- Will have strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
While we thank you for your interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com. "LTE Design Engineer" in the subject line.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Redline is committed to a diverse workforce.